Ethel Milliken School was named after Mrs. Ethel M. Milliken. Mrs. Milliken is a native of Saskatchewan and spent her childhood in Saskatoon. Education has been a lifelong interest as she chose a career in teaching before her marriage.
Mr. and Mrs. Milliken moved to Regina in 1925. Mrs. Milliken served on the Public School Board from 1936 to 1945 - a very difficult time as it was the era of "The Dirty Thirties" and "War Years". She was also concerned with the provincial picture in education and played a prominent role with the Saskatchewan School Trustees Association, where she became Chairperson of the Urban Section.
Her interest in the welfare of her community is reflected in the many groups with which she has been associated.
Date of Official Opening: Modular School - September 1973